Friday, January 15, 2010

Soothing sore legs

I can't say I was surprised when I walked into our bedroom and found Matt using my rolling pin on his calves. Knowing Matt, nothing surprises me anymore. I did, however, need a moment to absorb the scene. Sure I've heard of products that you use to massage your legs post-run to help your muscles recover, but I didn't necessarily approve of the confiscation of my rolling pin for a purpose that I was skeptical of, at best.

I have to say, it works. After complaining about my sore calves Matt convinced me to try it and the next morning I felt great. No post-run soreness or stiffness. Since then I've been rolling pin(ning?) my calves each night after I run.

Of course, I urge you to support good products that work....but if you happen to be a poor college student like me I recommend making friends with your rolling pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment